Tuesday 10 November 2009

Tag Tuesday



***






I have found another challenge group Tag Tuesday here at
***
This week the challenge was to take a photograph you love and incorporate it in your tag.
This was a good challenge for me as it was always my idea to work with old family photographs. I have quite a few in my battered old brown suitcase under the bed & had several copied to frame.
The above photograph is of my maternal grandparents, Molly & Gordon. I imagine they were courting and not yet married. It is so romantic. They lived in Southport, Lancashire but this may have not have been taken there. I'll ask mum if she remembers.
***
I stamped a pretty print onto old brown paper. Mum tells me how things were always kept and re-used - brown paper carefully folded & string wound up. I've used string too.
I really want to learn how to print straight on to fabric but I don't have a scanner or good enough printer yet so I've made do with sticking the image on stained, frayed Calico.
I've also used blackberry stained calico under the old mother of pearl button. Nannan & Grandpop would most likely have gone blackberrying ! Nannan became a wonderful pastry maker and made superb pies.
I expect they fed the swans too so I've added a swan feather I picked up on my walk by the pond yesterday.
Nannan probably picked a few flowers so I've added some dried ones.
Good grief... Grandpop had hair in those days !
***
Lovely challenge thank you
I'll be back to do another !
***

20 comments:

  1. Wow this is really gorgeous.
    Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I need to do some tags for my cables. I never thought of stamping the tags before adding the text - cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! So glad you like the photo challenge. I think England is a romantic place to begin with, so between that and your grandparents photo you've got quite the romantic tag. Such great elements you've added to it.
    So glad you joined in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww, that's nice! What a lovely photo to start with.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tag - always fun to work with an old photograph and it's even better when it's one of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a glorious tag to highlight a wonderful bit of your family history...I just love how you crafted this lovely tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a precious photo and tag you have created! I love the fabric bits you added! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your choice of photos is special....and your choice of tag materials is wonderfully creative and nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tribute to your grandparents. Lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the textures you put into your tag! What a beautiful way to show off an awesome picture of your grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photo, its so lovely! I really like the materials you have used on this challenge. Suzie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you could find a way to use your photo - gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag, love how you worked with the materials!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful photo! Your tag does it justice - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful tribute to your Grandparents. Its such a Lovely photo and you really made it special!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have made a wonderful tag with an incredible picture. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just so pretty! I love all of the layers.
    I had trouble picking a favourite photograph because I liked so many!

    ReplyDelete