Thursday 4 February 2010





I have been having a lot fun this week
messing around with bits & bobs.
I'll show you what I've been up to next week !
***
Meanwhile...





Darling Daughter has been having a great time
stamping on these wine bottle caps for me.

***

I really hated the introduction of plastic " corks "
and screw top caps for wine
but now I'm collecting them !
I've always kept the corks & display them in a printers' box.
I just love the designs on them.
Recently though I've started to soak off wine labels
& keep the screw caps
as they have lovely designs too -
so ofter overlooked


***


When I was at college,
the Graphic designers had a project
to display a collection of small items -
bottle tops would have been be ideal !
One did lipstick kiss marks on paper
another discarded cigarette butts
and another spat out chewing gum !



It made a fabulous display...
a bit gross -
but all in the name of art !!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a collector after my own heart
    I have quite a nice number of champagne (nothing pricey) metal cages, foil paper, labels and tops waiting to be flattened ... all treasures waiting to be used :)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect real ale bottle tops, if you ever need any, I really have an awful lot. hic! Can't wait to see what you have made! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes please Suzie if they have an interesting pic on them. I've just asked my friend's hubby to keep his for me !

    ReplyDelete
  5. displaying the bottle tops is such a great idea! maybe in a shadow box...oh I really love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunt Spicey great idea I wouldn't stamp on them if I was going to display them !

    My corks make a lovely piece of wall art & get everyone talking - trouble ids they are above my cooker & get very diryy - quite a job to clean. I could encase them with a glass front but they would loose their rustic appeal them. Also the sunlight has faded the patterns .

    My favourites are Spanish Rioja which just happens to be my favourite red wine !

    ReplyDelete
  7. l collect wine labels that interest me too and use them in collages ect.looking forward to seeing what you have been up to this weekxlynda

    ReplyDelete