Saturday 11 September 2010

the butterfly effect

I have completed my butterfly
for the Butterfly effect project
(Details Below )
***
I've displayed it
on this fabulous old leather bound dictionary
I bought yesterday
for three pounds !
***
***

***


***

***

***

***

My butterfly is made from a image from an old book
which I then pasted with a patterned napkin.
Then stamped with my favourite stamp & white ink,
added a touch of gold leaf
& highlighted with a pearlescant ink.
***







Visit two dresses studio

7 comments:

  1. so so beautiful. I love butterflies and have wanted to do something based on them for ages, the old book is a gem, well done.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This butterfly is just darling and perfect for the project. I love the effect you've achieved. I had a quick look at the link yesterday about the butterfly project, mis-read the information and somehow thought I'd have to make 50 (!), which is why I hesitated to join in. Now I know I haven't (phew!!) I'll definitely join in.

    That is one gorgeous dictionary - you sure you don't want to join Collage Coterie??!!

    Have a lovely day,

    Jo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your butterfly is fabulous and so is your worn book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterfly is beautiful and fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterfly! Displays lovely on your old dictionary - wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your butterfly is beautiful... It has a very dreamy quality...

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so lovely. interesting technique. you are so talented. enjoy creating. have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete