Thursday 14 October 2010

Blog award

What seems like ages ago,
sweet Cory from:


gave me this award !
Thank you again Cory.

I have to answer this question :
If I had the chance to go back & change one thing in my life
what would it be ?

Then pass the award to six bloggers.


***

The answer to the question is without doubt,
to go back and give my teenage self a good pep talk.
Tell her not to be so shy & nervous.....

Tell the boy who asked my best friend  to find out
if I would go out with his  friend
 " Yes "
Don't answer for me -
I didn't know anything about it til later ( Too late ) !!!

It might have helped my confidence to know
someone wanted to ask me out & didn't because my best friend told his friend no !!! 

Tell myself the acne does go eventually
( and you will look nice )

You have a great life ahead
but don't waste time in the cafe at college -
get working hard
& get that  qualification !
Learn to drive now silly girl
cos at 47 you still don't !
Stop biting your nails..
cos at 47 you still do !


Stop being so reckless walking home from parties alone in the dark to save your taxi fayre
and NEVER take a lift from someone who has been drinking
and don't drink too much ...

as thirty years later you will lecturing your daughter about this very subject !!!


" What ? I have a daughter" ???
umm probably shouldn't have told her that !
( and a son  -shhhsh don't tell )
( oh ! and a wonderful husband  !!!)


Tell her everything is OK and she does stop being so quiet...
in fact later on,
she'll find that...

SHE CAN' T SHUT UP !!! 


***


I'm passing this very pretty award to some very crafty
( in the nicest way )
 blogger friends :
* Jo at Fiddlesnips
* Carolyn at LOVE STITCHING RED
* Margaret at Alice & Camilla
* Kimmie at Art in Red Wagons
* Cathy at Menopausal Musing
* Carol at Madness & Mess

all of these lovely blogs are on my sidebar
and all of these ladies inspire me to create & learn.
Thank you


***


  



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of me Penny, I would change so much about my past, but nothing about where I am in life now.

    So all in all, I guess it all turned out ok but there's been more pain along the way than I would have wished for.

    Jo
    x

    ps and I'm so annoyed that I bite my nails too at the age of 45, so you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I walked home in the dark to save the fayre too........ and I wouldn't change that because that was in the days when it was much safer to do so! I actually don't think I would change anything in my past. It hasn't been a wonderful past or anything, but it wasn't too horrific either. Re driving, I learnt in my forties and I don't like it. I only go locally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Penny! But HEY! Don't be too hard on yourself, if you didn't experience all of that, you wouldn't be the sweetie you are today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gosh, Penny! It is so interesting to read your posts about yourself! You are such a sincere and funny lady! :-)
    I've made a post about our swap here
    http://astra-scrap.blogspot.com/2010/10/12-days-of-christmas-matchbox-swap.html
    I will send them to you either tomorrow or next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet and touching and so honest. those are good words to say to yourself. i would have said many of those same words to myself. it has taken me many years to have confidence in myself.

    smiles to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your conversation with yourself. Sounds like things I might say :)
    Thank you for the award. I think I'll use it on Tuesday for some good teatime conversation ..... Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award :)
    Well deserved!
    So touching! and coincidentally similar sort of things I would say to my younger self!!

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on receiving the award Penny!! such a pretty one too! I loved reading about you! I can totally relate to a lot of your comments!

    Thank you for passing it on to me, I'm completly useless at these kind of things! see now, maybe that's the thing I should change about myself!! Mxx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... what a gorgeous award. Lucky, lucky me! Thank you Penny. Now ... I'm absolutely awful about doing the right thing with awards and passing them on and I know I won't be able to make as good a job as you have with answering the question, but I will give it my attention very soon. So hard to pick just six blogs isn't it

    I've finally got some time to myself and I'm making you something dear blog buddy (but I may not get to post it until the weekend as I've been battling a chest infection and not feeling great ... another reason why your award has really cheered me up, thank you hun

    Have a wonderful week. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete